Walmer Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club is situated in Archery Square Walmer, a conservation area only two roads back from the seafront. The club has six high quality laser levelled grass courts, two hard courts and two delightful croquet lawns which are all sheltered from the sea breeze by period houses and mature trees.
The old wooden club house and newly built changing rooms provide 350 tennis and croquet members with traditional and suitable facilities for events and entertaining.
This friendly club is the fourth oldest club in the world which still plays grass court tennis and croquet on its original site. Formed in 1883 by Royal Marine officers stationed at military barracks close by it has continued to grow attracting players from all demographics who enjoy competitive and social games.